onsdag 28. mai 2014

Cillit BANG!

Just before Easter, we had a water leakage from the apartment above us. It turned out to be a crack in the flooring upstairs, which had caused a leakage to the drain, or something.

So, after a couple of days, a carpenter came, and removed the ceiling, to check the damage. This left quite a mess, and lots of sawdust, so when he left, I cleaned the bathroom so it was squeaky clean. We weren't sure how long we had to wait for a new ceiling, but we were told that the owner upstairs (who lives in another part of the country), had to fix the flooring before we could get a new ceiling. So, the waiting game started.

Then I got an email from Buzzador, that I had got in their Cillt BANG campaign, and would be testing Cillit
BANG! Since we were waiting for the new ceiling, and I wanted to test Cillit BANG in the shower and the sink, I decied not to wash the shower for a while.

I think I waited for a month and a half, or so, and the shower had some chalk deposits. I used the Cillit BANG Active Foam on the floor, waited for about ten minutes, found my sponge and was ready to scrub, like I usually hav to do. But no, not with this one! The chalk deposits seemed to now lay on top on the foam, making it yellow-ish, and I just had to mildy go over with the sponge! The floor was squeaky clean, with no hard scrubbing! I was very impressed!

Tommy tried the Power cleaner spray for the shower walls later, and had the same efffect. The only "problem" with the spray, was that he had to spray a lot, to cover the walls, the spray area was very narrow. So, for larger areas, the foam is probably better. I tried the spray on some tough spots I've had problems with on the sink (I think they were chalk deposits), and after spraying, waiting a few minutes, and using and old toothbrush to reach under the faucet, the spots were gone!

I would not recommend using these ones all the time, though, as tests have shown that powerful cleaning agents like this, apparently can break down protecting membranes on tiles, and other smooth surfaces. So, to use a milder cleaning agent most of the time, and Cillit BANG every now and then, may perhaps be the best solution. That's what I'll be doing from now on. I'll also try to find out if we can use the Power Cleaner Grease & Sparkle ("Anti-fett" in Norwegian) on some tough spots on the wall behind the oven in the kitchen. If so, I think I may need to take before and after pics, because nothing has helped on those spots.

Now, if you've read all your way through here, and read this before or during 15 June 2014, I would appreciate if you could do me a favour, and go to Buzztrack, and enter the code 818027054, so that Buzzador can track my "buzzing". Thank you so much!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...