mandag 28. januar 2013

Making shampoo

Every time I buy henna from Henna Sooq, I get a sample of their shampoo bar.  This, and lurking at the forums at The Long hair community, made me interested in trying more shampoo bars. As you may have seen earlier here on my blog, I do make my own soap bars every now and then, and I guess that helped in the enabling. So, I got some samples from Chagrin Valley, bought some bars from Prairieland herbs, and I may have an order om the way from Sweet Creek Herbal Care

I have not gone through all the samples I have received yet, but it made me realize that I wanted to make my own shampoo bars. So, in December I made my first batch, which you can see in the bag to the right. I didn't pay enough attention to my recipe (created by myself), and screwed it up. So, I waited a few days, and rebatched it, to try to make up for my mistakes.  

Then I realized I wanted to make bars with beer in them. This is in the top basket. I also mixed in some sukesh ayurveda at trace. 

As my hair has a tendency to be a bit oily, I tried to make a batch for that. At trace it smelled so yummy and yellow, now it's curing, and it's in the bottom basket to the right. 

In the last basket is a recipe I made the other day, trying to make my dry hands happy. The test name is "Winter soap", and I look forward to testing it after curing. I've never seen a soap batch trace as fast before, it was ridiculous how fast it went. Normally I can pour my soap batches into the moulds without problems, but it was so thick already. 

All these soap and shampoo bars are made with the cold process method, using my own recipes, and since all recipes are new, these are all first batches, I won't give out the recipe. I am using SoapCalc, so if you want to make your own soap or shampoo, head over there for useful info.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...