mandag 9. april 2012

Baby girls need baby hats

A little girl has been born to this world, and tomorrow she will be gifted a Very Basic Baby Beanie, pattern written by Janet D. Russell. The yarn is my very own handspun, it's Cloudlover 80/20 Merino Tussah silk, in Morocco, a colourway from the August 2011 Fiber Club.  The beanie is knit on needles 3 mm and 3,5 mm, US 2 1/2 and 4. Instead of using sock needles, I used a long Chiaogoo red lace needle, and I must say that these needles are my favourite needles of the "cheaper" ones. The Signature needles are my absolute favourites, but the Chiaogoos are second best in my opinion. I really need to get more of these. The cables don't twist as much as the KnitPros tend to do, and the join is so smooth, that it is a joy to knit with them.

I've bought my Chiaogoos from The Loopy Ewe, and Grandmas handknitting on Etsy.

Oh, and if you think you've seen the hat here before, you've not gone mad. I knit the same pattern in the same yarn in November, the blogpost is here.  :-)

1 kommentar:

  1. Flotte farger på den lille lua :) Har utfordret deg på min blogg hvis du har lyst til å svare.
    Ha en fin dag!

    SvarSlett

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...