søndag 4. mars 2012

Synchronising iTunes on a Mac with Android tablet

So, I've got myself a new toy, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. I love it so far, and I've been wondering how I can synchronise it with iTunes, so that I can bring it to work and listen to podcasts there. I wanted to put my videocasts on there as well, just in case, even though I will normally still watch them on my MacBook Air.

So, I've been trying this weekend to figure this out, and I thought I'd share it, in case anyone else needed it. What you need for the Android device, is iSyncr and iSyncr Wifi Add-On. For your Mac, you need iSyncr Desktop and iSyncr Wifi Server Add-On.  The Market apps cost a few dollars, but they seem worth it to me. It is quite plug and play, really, there is a tutorial in the app, that tells you what to do.

The problem I'm having, is that most of my video podcasts showed up as "Unknown". To fix that, go to iTunes on your Mac, choose the heading of the podcast you want to change. ( Please click on the pictures if you want to see them larger.)

Right click with your mouse, and show info. (My iTunes is Norwegian, so the specific menu might say something slightly different, but it should be of that effect.

Go to the Info pane:




As you can see, the Artist name is missing, so you need to add that. I just copy (cmd+c) from the Album and paste (cmd+v), and press OK.




Now you just need to do this on every video podcast that's missing the Artist name.

Good luck!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...