lørdag 10. mars 2012

Henna

Since I'm sitting here with henndigo (henna and indigo) in my hair , I felt it was natural to write a blog post about it.

When you realize that your first gray hair has arrived before your 20th birthday, and and your hair had a mousey gray colour to begin with, I guess it's only natural that you've been experimenting with hair colouring. At least it was like that for me. I think I've been dyeing my hair since I was around 15, so more than half of my life. Of course, this isn't very healthy for the hair, being chemically treated every 6-8 weeks, especially since doing it on my own, I wasn't able to just do my roots, I did the whole hair. 

Then I discovered podcasts. And with podcasts, I discovered henna. It's been 5 months since I made my first order at Henna Sooq, after emailing with them, asking what they suggested for my hair, for the results I wanted. 

These months later, my hair feels healthier and I feel happier when dyeing my hair. Not only have I gotten rid of that nasty smell from the chemical dyes, but I also feel that I'm doing something to make my hair and scalp happy, not the opposite. Today, for example, I've added Amla to my henndigo recipe, to maintain my somewhat wavy hair, add volume and tone down the henna a bit. 

If you're interested in knowing more about henna, I suggest you read Henna Sooq's FAQ, or go to their blog, there's a lot of useful information there. 

Picture borrowed from Henna Sooq

I am in no way affiliated with Henna Sooq, nor have I received any form of payment for writing this post. These are my own personal opinions. 

1 kommentar:

  1. Får vi se et bilde med nyfarga hår? :)

    SvarSlett

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...